Get bee-hind Sustomi: Reusable Food Wraps Replacing Clingwrap
Hate food waste, but also hate plastic waste? Bronwyn of Sustomi has the answer to your problem in the form of eco-friendly, reusable food wraps that make your food pretty whilst also saving it for later.
Why might you use beeswax food wraps?
- They'll save you $$$ in the long run
- They're a great alternative to single-use clingwrap
- They'll make your food look pretty
Where can you get them?
Get them from Sustomi - you can get a pack, or even get crafty and make your own wraps by purchasing some beeswax pellets!
How to use them:
Wrapping and unwrapping
Use the warmth of your hands to soften and mould the wrap around your food. The warmth of your hands will help the wax stick to smoother surfaces, like ceramic bowls or glass.
Cleaning your beeswax wrap
To clean the wraps, simply wipe them down or rinse and let them air dry
What to use Beeswax Wraps for:
- Fruit and veg
- Bread and biscuits
How NOT to use Beeswax Wraps:
- Steer clear of foods that are still hot, that might melt the beeswax
- They're also not designed for cooking, so keep them out of microwaves etc.
- Also steer clear of meat and liquids
Overall, beeswax wraps are awesome easy to use for most items you might consider wrapping with plastic and help cut out most plastic use.
They're awesome for sandwich-wrapping purposes, and you can also fold them into little enveloped to store nuts, crackers and fruit!